HIGHLY COMPACT WASTEWATER TREATMENT PROCESS: DEEPACTOR™
A combination of
Bioreactors, working on deep water
Flocculation system, without an agitator
DAF system, with an innovative helical flow
Biofilter system, efficient and easy installation
But, despite of the benefits, It has various problems to dissolved.
What’s the Issue?
- Whereas the high BOD of the wastewater, the saturation solubility of the oxygen in water is very low as an example, 8.8ppm only at 20℃.
- It is very hard to exist air bubbles in water with stable, because the big gap of the specific gravities and the high surface tension of the water.
- General process of the oxygen feeding to a biological reactor is the bubbling method using a blower and diffuser.
- When the air bubbles fed into the water, the mixture rise up rapidly and most of the air waste out, and even the supersaturated oxygen water reduce down to saturation condition quickly.
- Especially, when the depth of the bioreactor deeper, the load of the blower is rise upped, eventually the depth of the bioreactor is limited to 5~6m.
- As the results, this system spent blown air, lies low dissolved oxygen conditions and requires wide ground area relatively.
Solutions for the Oxygen Feeding
Advantages of the ‘DEEPACTOR™’
- Because of the diffusers lay on shallow position, less energy required for air charging
- Because of the highly pressed oxygen water file-up to upwards, the water maintains
it’s saturated concentration → It makes biological activities rise up
- Because of the deep depth reactor operation, can be reduce down the facilities site area
Advantages and disadvantages of DAF compare to Sedimentation
• High speed treatment
• Produces thick sludge
• Shorter flocculation detention time
• Shorter start-up lead time
• Compact facilities required
• Omissible for recovered sludge thickener
• Requires more complex facilities
• Consumes more electrical power
• Unsuitable for highly silt-laden water
Wide application range of the HELIFLOT™:
High-efficiency helical DAF; HELIFLOT™
- Suspended materials are lifted upwards with fine bubbles by a spiral flow in the cylindrical tank, and are automatically removed after they are collected at the center of the water surface.
- Float separation is completed within 10 minutes of residence time.
Capable for replacement of a sludge settling tank and omission of a concentration tank
- ① flotation tank
- ② inflow pipe
- ③ outflow pipe
- ④ scum outflow pipe
- ⑤ sediments out
- ⑥ upward helical flow
- ⑦ downward helical flow
- ⑧ gathering scum
- ⑨ flow control valve
A comparison with HELIFLOT™ to the conventional DAF
• More complex facilities required:
– Scum skimmer, subnatant remover and (settling lamella plates) needed.
• Consumes more electric power:
(1,000 ~ 1,200 kWh/5Ⅹ10³㎥·d)
• Unsuitable for treating high silt-laden water.
• Compact facilities required:
– Detention time(min):
Floating: 10 ~ 20.
Conglomeration: 14 ~ 20.
• Simplified facilities:
– No scum skimmer, subnatant remover or settling lamella plates needed.
• Consumes less electric power:
(900 ~ 1,000 kWh/5Ⅹ10³㎥·d)
• Capable of treating high silt-laden water.
• More compact facilities required
– Detention time(min):
Floating : 8 ~ 10.
Conglomeration : 4 ~ 8.
Assembly type microorganism media; AQUOSIEVE
AQUOSIEVE in a DEEPECTOR system
- Common biofilter treatments;
– Stable to variations in raw water load
– Unnecessary of sludge recycle system
– Low sludge generation
- Easy to make media
- Production of large products is possible
- Good fluidity and circulation of water inside and around the media
- Biomass material can act as a carbon source for nitrogen removal
- Bio-reaction is possible under high oxygen conditions
- Enables aerobic and anaerobic reactions in one reactor
Korea Aquosys Co., Ltd. 2018.10.22 1/1
HIGHLY COMPACT WASTEWATER TREATMENT PROCESS (Layout)